This one is important. And awesome! Here is the Table of Contents and cover art for issue #2 of Shock Totem:
* To Be Titled: An editorial, by K. Allen Wood
* The Rat Burner, by Ricardo Bare
* Sole Survivor, by Kurt Newton
* The Spooky Stuff: A conversation with James Newman, by John Boden
* Sweepers, by Leslianne Wilder
* Rainbow Serpent, by Vincent Pendergast
* Strange Goods and Other Oddities (Reviews)
* Abominations: Hide the Sickness: An article by Mercedes M. Yardley
* Pretty Little Ghouls, by Cate Gardner
* Messages From Valerie Polichar, by Grá Linnaea & Sarah Dunn
* Return From Dust, by Nick Bronson
* Leave Me the Way I was Found, by Christian A. Dumais
* Upon My Return, by David Jack Bell
* Howling Through the Keyhole (Author Notes)
This TOC is a bit shorter than issue #1, and that is because we've bumped up the font size for this issue so we were left with less space. The word count on fiction remains the same, though (approx. 30,000 words).
You'll notice that Kurt is once again in this issue. The reason for this is explained in the editorial. We don't intend to feature authors in back-to-back issues ever again, unless we have a serialized story.
And Mercedes is now on our team, so that's why her name is there. I saw someone recently write that it was "a bit cheeky" that we featured "an editor" in issue #1. We did not, of course. We got to know Mercedes after we had accepted her story for issue #1, and we asked her to join us well after the issue came out. And if you've ever had the pleasure of getting to know her, you know why.
How about the cover art?
Wicked, huh? I'm not sure I like the yellow Shock Totem font yet, so that may change before the layout is complete. The artwork was done by Hicham Haddaji. You can check out his work here.
Once the layout is complete, and the book block is checked for missed typos a few more times, we go to print.
Soon. Very soon!